Named and designed after an authentic Chinese junk, the original Red Dragon plied the rivers, seas and harbours of the Far East, from Singapore to northern China. Our Red Dragon is complete with five deluxe cabins and designed to resonate with superior class and grandeur. Larger than The Prince and Princess it is still small enough to get up close to the natural wonders, pocket lagoons and small fishing communities of Halong and Bai Tu Long bays.
As soon as you board the Red Dragon, you will be surrounded by traditional handmade artisan woodwork. Whether you are relaxing in the comfort of your own cabin, lounging on the spacious sun deck, or dinning in the cosy restaurant, you will feel treated like royalty. This masterpiece is a wonderful option for those who need a little more space for a small group cruise of up to 11 people.
- Number of Junks: 2
- The Red Dragon 1: Launched: April 2008
- The Red Dragon 2: Will be launched in Sept 2008
- Length: 25.0 meters
- Width: 6.0 meters
- Five Deluxe Cabins (three Double, one Twin and one Triple)
- Two Upper Luxury Dinning Areas: In and Outdoors
- Two Spacious Sunbathing and Relaxing Areas: Front and Back
- One Staff Section
Located in the Restaurant, this cozy bar features silk chairs, embroidered décor. A wide variety of wines and cocktails is available.
- Kayaking: Explore the bay’s uninhabited islands and sea caverns in our imported Canadian Seaward kayaks.
- Cooking classes: Learn more about the ingredients and techniques used to create mouthwatering Vietnamese dishes.
- Special events: Dinner in one of the magnificent caves in Halong bay. BBQ on the beach.
Day 1: HON GAI HARBOR – BAI TU LONG BAY – THIEN CANH SON CAVE
07.45 – 08.15 : Pick up at your hotel in Ha Noi by shuttle bus.
12.00 – 12.30 : Embark at Hon Gai International harbor.
12.30 – 13.00 : Check-in, enjoy welcome drink & cruise briefing.
13.30 – 15.00 : Have lunch while cruising to magnificent Bai Tu Long Bay; admire the fascinating formations on the way.
15.15 – 15.40 : Explore the well- hidden Thien Canh Son Cave.
15.45 – 18.00 : Enjoy relaxing on a white sandy beach at Hon Co Island, swimming or kayaking.
18.00 – 19.00 : Back to junk for refreshing before having dinner on board.
20.00 – 21.00 : Relax, enjoy fresh air & overnight on board.
Day 2: VUNG VIENG FISHING VILLAGE – HON GAI HARBOR
07.30 - 08.00: Morning view of Bay’s landscape with a cup of tea or coffee. Have breakfast in the fresh air.
08.30 - 09.30: Visit Vung Vieng fishing village by a rustic row-boat, meet the local peopleand pass through the floating school and fish farms.
10.00: Check out of the cabin. Start cruising towards the harbor while an A la carte lunch is served.
11.45 - 12.00: Disembark. Drive to Yen Duc village in Dong Trieu province.
14.00 - 14.30: Enjoy water puppet show performed by local artists.
14.45 - 17.30: Arrive in Hanoi. Trip ends.
This itinerary might subject to change due to the weather or tide condition without prior notice.
Notes: On the return, you will have a short break at Yen Duc Village - a typical Vietnamese agricultural village which is rich in culture and traditions. This is a great chance to visit the charming fields while wandering narrow alleyways in the odorous fresh air and enjoying the WATER PUPPET SHOW there.
- All land transportation Hanoi- Halong- Hanoi
- Welcome drink
- Luxury en-suited cabin with A/C, hot water
- All meals on boat
- Tea & coffee free on breakfast
- Guide on board
- Water puppet show
- Personal expenses
- Extra drinks
- Bank charge (for payment by credit card)
VISITIORS ARE NOT RECOMMENDED ON BOARD (FOR SAFETY REASON):
- Person with disability: physical or sensory
- Person who has symptoms of hallucinations, sleepwalking, fear of being enclosed, epilepsy…
- Person who is older than 80
- Person who is overweight (>120kg)
- Person who is taller than 2 meters
WHAT’S TO BRING?
- Sun Glasses
- Sun Block
- Wide Brim Hat
- Insect Repellents
- Swimming Suits
- Warm Clothes ( in winter from November to April )
- Original Passport