Day 1: Arrival in Kengtung
Upon your arrival in Kengtung, your locally based guide will transfer you to your hotel. After freshening up, go with your guide for an exploration of the city streets, lake, teashops and the Maha Myat Muni Pagoda. Overnight in Kengtung.
Day 2: Kengtung
In the morning, stroll through the bustling local market and observe the peddling of wares by the minority hill tribes in their colorful traditional costumes. We will then bring you on a trek to Hwe Lon, an Akha minority village where you can interact with the villagers to learn their customs and habits. After lunch, discover the Ann minority tribe known for its black dress and teeth stained black from chewing betel nuts. A stop at Lone Tree Hill will offer you a panoramic view of Kengtung. Overnight in Kengtung.
Day 3: Kengtung – Trekking
Today, we will take you on a further exploration of the area as we scale the rugged terrain to various villages. Head to Wan Nyat, a unique settlement whose inhabitants are Loi people living in long houses. If you wish, you can continue to Wang Seng, another Loi village featuring a large monastery. Return along the trekking trail to your car and drive back to Kengtung, arriving in the late afternoon. Overnight at New Kengtung Hotel in Kengtung.
Day 4: Departure from Kengtung
Enjoy the day at your own leisure. If possible, we will bring you to witness Shan lacquer ware production and the trading of buffaloes at the water buffalo market held twice weekly. Then transfer to the Kengtung Airport for your departure flight. End of Kengtung Adventure.
Tour price includes:
- 3 nights accommodation in a shared twin or shared double room with daily breakfast
- English-speaking station guide
- Porter fees at the airport
- All transfers and excursions with private vehicles with drivers
- Entrance fees for the visits mentioned in the program
Tour price excludes:
- International ticket to/from Yangon
- Domestic flights (rate: please refer to our flight tariffs)
- Meals not mentioned (B = breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)
- Supplement for arrival/departure transfers from Thai border or Tachileik airport
- Visa arrangements for Myanmar
- Visits not mentioned in the program
- Drinks and personal expenses
- Tips and porters at the hotels