Day 1: Cao Dai Temple Cu Chi Tunnels (full day trip)
The Great Holy Sight Temple, built in 1926, is considered one of the striking structures of South-East Asia. It is the headquarters of the unique Cao Dai sect, a religion with a hybrid of Buddhism, Christianity & Confucianism. Above the entrance is the all-seeing holy eye – symbol of the sect. Visitors will attend the midday ceremony’s extravaganza to witness the daily mass held by the Cao Dai followers, which is a fantastic experience.
After lunch at the local restaurant, proceed to the Cu Chi to explore the amazing site where Viet Cong hid during the War. It is now a popular spot for both Vietnamese & foreign tourists – the network of over 200km of tunnels became legendary when they played a vital role in the War. In their heyday, the tunnels were functioning underground cities including numerous trap doors, specially constructed living areas, storage facilities, weapons factories, field hospitals, command centers & kitchens. There is plenty of evidence of the fierce battle that took place here during the 1960s when Cu Chi was a “Free Target Zone”. Visitors can watch a short introductory video showing how the tunnels were constructed before entering the tunnels. Spend the next hour exploring the tunnels. Afterwards, enjoy tea, cassava (guerrilla-warriors’ food in war time). End of services. Return Sai Gon and finish your Cao Dai Temple Cu Chi Tunnels tour
|Grade tour||Price per person in US$
(Sep 3, 2019 - Dec 31, 2019)
|Daily group tour||$25||$18||$0||$0|
- Children will be counted from age 4 – 11 years old
- Children under 4 years old: Free of charge for 1st child
- A maximum of 2 children accompanied by 2 adults
- Tour Price Includes: A/C bus, English speaking tour guide, entrance fee to the tunnels, lunch at the local restaurant, pure water (1bottle/pax/day)
- Tour Price Excludes: Travel insurance, personal expenses, tipping is at customer’s discretion.
- Departure time, meeting point: 07:45 AM at TNK Travel office (220 De Tham street, District 1, HCMC. (Pick up on request with surcharge for guests who stay in the central city)