The “Cai Be Princess” are exclusive river Junks operating in the Mekong Delta. It is a good choice for whom more focus in ultimate privacy and still enjoy the traditional design style whilst the other cruising options fill up. Let’s join us for boating down the Mekong River to explore lively floating markets with an abundance of colorful fresh fruits and vegetables.
Also take a glimpse into the agricultural, rural life of people at the delta region, visiting local home workshops that produce various products from rice and coconut. Cai Be Princess is a great way to glimpse the Delta scenery and life -in style and comfort.
It contains 15 lavishly furnished twin and double rooms and can accommodate up to 30 passengers. Each room has a private bathroom with shower and hot water, wardrobe, air-conditioning and fan. The rooms are well insulated against climate and sound, and all offer a phantastic panoramic view of the river. There is a large dining room in lower deck, and a stylish upper-deck inside sitting lounge, an open sitting area and sun deck on the top.
In this respect, Mekong Horizon has developped a range of products, activities and projects that:
- Minimises negative economic, environmental and social impacts.
- Generates economic benefits for local people, enhances the community and improves working conditions. Involves local people in the decision-making process.
- Contributes to the conservation of the environment and cultural heritage.
- Provides an enjoyable tourism experience and opportunity for tourists to meet locals.
- Provides tourists with a greater understanding of local cultural, social and environmental issues. Provides access for physically challenged tourists.
- Promotes respect between tourists and hosts, while building locals’ confidence.
Today, the company operates an own-built flottila of 11 boats with designs and styles reflecting true authentic ancient “sampans”, using materials such as rattan, bamboo and exotic wood.
Day 1: Cai Be - Vinh Long
- Our 1 Day private cruise excursion starts from Cai Be, departing from Cai Be local pier at 10.30am the latest. Upon embarkation, clients are welcomed with fresh cotton towels.
- The tour will begin with the visit of Cai Be colorful floating market, cruising among local barges full of fruits and vegetables… Cruising further, your sampan will bring you to see some local home factories to discover traditional rice paste making, rice pop corn, coco candies, and longans drying process.
- A delicious lunch will await you at a superb Indochinese villa, Le Longanier, located in a luxuriant garden by the river…After lunch, your sampan will proceed the cruise to Dong Hoa Hiep. On the way, you will be able observe the typical Mekong delta rural life. These evergreen islands among the Mekong River still remain unknown to many people. Visit at an ancient mandarin house dating from the 19th century where the family will welcome you with a cup a tea. We will proceed to Vinh Long, passing beautiful landscapes along Dong Phu canal, Binh Hoa Phuoc and An Binh islands famous for their fruit orchards.
- Stops on the way can be made at An Binh ancient Church or at Tam Ho bonsais garden. After crossing the Co Chien River, the excursion will end at Vinh Long pier around 4pm, where your own private transportation vehicle will await you for your transfer back to Saigon or proceed to your next destination.
- 1 Day cruise on Cai Be Princess junk on private chartered basis
- Complimentary fresh cotton towels, fresh fruits, hot green tea, mineral water during cruise
- 1 Lunch at Le Longanier
- Visits mentioned, Crew assistance (3)
- English speaking guide on board
- Road Transfers to / from Saigon
- Drinks during lunch
- Travel insurance
- Personal cost & tips
- Services not mentioned
** Itinerary & program subject to change when necessary with or without prior notice
**Surcharge 3 days before and 3 days after Tet + Tet day ( will be informed details on each booking)